R1: Obstetrics at Swedish Medical Center (12 weeks)
- ALSO training is provided in your orientation month
- First year Residents develop skills of evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of the hospitalized obstetric patient, including the antepartum, perinatal and postpartum periods.
- Residents from the Cherry Hill Family Medicine Residency and the Swedish First Hill Family Medicine Residency work together for approximately seven-day (8 a.m. -8 p.m.) and seven-night shifts, (8 p.m.-8 a.m.) during each month of R1 Obstetrical training at Swedish Medical Center/First Hill Labor and Delivery.
- Deliveries are managed with a panel of Obstetric and Family Medicine doctors who choose to include residents in their patients care. Family Medicine Obstetrical Fellows work closely with the first year residents to coordinate teaching and provide in house consultation on triage patients. An in house laborist is also available for emergency obstetrical support.
- An ob simulator suite is utilized to help teach emergency scenarios including, vacuum assisted deliveries, post partum hemorrhage, Shoulder dystocia management.