R3: ENT / Audiology /
Physical Therapy for Treatment of Benign Positional Vertigo /
Allergy / Ophthalmology
(4 Week Rotation – Required for R3)
- 1 half day per week with 2 different ENT specialists selected for their outstanding teaching. All common primary care ENT problems are discussed. It is an expectation that our residents learn nasopharyngoscopy.
- 1 half day with a physical therapist treating benign positional vertigo. The therapist sees to it that patients with BPV are treated on the half days when residents are there to learn how this is done.
- 1 half day with an audiologist to learn common hearing loss patterns and witness the workup of the vertiginous patient.
- 2 half days per month with 2 different allergists (4 half days total); one allergist sees primarily children. Appropriate workup, indications and interpretation of allergy testing and treatment are learned.
- 2 half days with a pediatric ophthalmologist and 2 half days with an adult ophthalmologist round out this robust rotation. Common eye conditions are seen and discussed. It is expected that our residents learn to use a slit lamp.